The USDA's Section 9003 Program is designed to build the bridge for "first of a kind" comercialization for renewable chemical and biobased product manufacturing. The new Final Rule for the 9003 program also has provided for improvements for the loan guarantee application and underwriting process, including expanded eligibility and application enhancements.
The 9003 Program provides loan guarantees up to $250 million. Eligible applicants seeking to construct or retrofit biorefineries to produce advanced biofuels and renewable chemicals are encouraged to apply. The 9003 Program also provides financial assistance to eligible biobased product manufacturing facilities that convert biobased outputs of biorefineries into end-user products on a commercial scale.
The Webinar was held on Thursday, July 23 at 3:00 pm EST.
Webinar Presenters included:
- Mark Brodziski, Director, USDA Energy Division, USDA Rural Development
- Bill Crump, Senior Project Manager, Leidos
- Wes Bolsen, Business Development and Public Affairs, Cool Planet
- Bob Doherty, CFO, Ensyn
- Cindy Thyfault, CEO, Westar Trade Resources
Topics covered included:
- Overview of the new 9003 Program regulations and the newly revised application guide
- Developing a winning strategy over your competition during the application process and avoid common pitfalls
- Recommendations and pointers for locating a Lender of Record
- Understand the role of the Independent Engineer and how this will affect your application
- Obtain important information regarding technical readiness and common technical pitfalls
- Get recommendations from successful prior applicants on "lessons learned" and what the success of the loan guarantee has meant to their business
- Q&A Session following the presentation
Westar Trade Resources has a 21 year track record of assisting companies to access over $1.2 billion in federal loan and grant applications. Westar has also assisted 14 companies with feasibility studies and successful loan guarantee applications for the 9003 Program since it's inception in 2009, including Sapphire Energy, Ensyn, Fulcrum, and Cool Planet.
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The Company's approximately 40,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Leidos has also worked on many successful 9003 applications, including Sapphire Energy, Cool Planet, and Ensyn.
For more information or to schedule a free, no obligation consultation about your project which includes a free potential lender review and recommendation, please contact Cindy Thyfault, CEO, Westar Trade Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-480-4405.